Friday, August 21

Pes aw sayew dnd?

It was not without some irony that I noticed "PVP" upside-down looked like "DND"... which PVPonline has really been on a tear with, lately. Hey, it's a free idea -- in case S. Kurtz ever gets tired of re-using "Ding!" for all of his role-playing-game-related strips.

Honestly, of course, "PVP" upside-down looks much closer to "dAd". But then I wouldn't have been able to make the DND reference, which can really make or break a blog.

Why "pes aw sayew dnd", you ask? Because this is the PVP Makes Me Sad blog... only it isn't. An upside-down title almost reflects that position. More importantly, I've always been fond of "Upside-down cryptology". Wherein, as long as your enemy is holding the encrypted message with the right end up, the only encryption is that the letters of your message look like a nonsense string of letters. Hold it the other way up, and you'll be likely to notice that both orientations produce legible lettering. I'm not sure why it never caught on with the Army!

So -- this blog, huh? What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. What to do, what to do?! Two alternatives is just not going to work. You guys need to thumb-wrestle, or something.

    I like your illustrated approach, but I think I'm leaning towards R.W.'s more traditional layout. My daddy always told me to Keep It Simple, Stupid. (That was just one of his pet names for me.) But, it's interesting that you both chose blues. Hmm.

    Oh, and I believe R.W. did extend an invite to you to author.

    I suggest you guys post a final decision on the original PVPMMS, once you've figured out where we're all gonna live. Because the odds are that the move won't be as temporary as you think.

    ReplyDelete

It's unlikely I'll delete anything but spam (Spam spam spammity spaaam), but a little civility never hurt anyone. In fact, it will make you appear a good deal smarter than you already are -- try it out today!