Tuesday, September 8

LOLbat!

Hey folks, sorry about the lull in coverage. I have to admit that I sort of checked out of the strip while Scott reiterated the same exact joke about Cole Sr. being a cantankerous old guy three times running. Hey, I liked Buffy the Vampire Slayer too...but I don't think such an extended build up was required to pay off that joke.

I will give Mr. Kurtz the benefit of the doubt because it was PAX week(end) and I imagine he had a few extra balls to juggle...and also because his "You caused my father to quit drinking!" line in the PA/PVP/WW podcast was comedy gold. (MORE OF THAT IN COMIC STRIP, PLEASE.) Overall, however, last week seemed uninspired.

Tuesday's strip is a nice treat, the LOLbat art is always good, and Kurtz did a nice job drawing Croc Pot. When it comes to mouths, strangely, I think the hinged jaw of the crocodile is more in Kurtz' wheelhouse than the human jaw. The last panel of the strip provides a nice contrast; which do you think looks more realistic?

I'm assuming this will be a one-off, so there should be a new storyline this Wednesday to follow, and hopefully that will give Jai and me (<--correctly used, shouldn't be I, look it up.) a little more meat to sink our teeth into.

Until then.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, I thought I posted a comment earlier... maybe I didn't.

    So, Scott has H1N1 in Seattle. I'm not entirely sure we'll be seeing any more strips in the next couple of days. It's too bad, too. Scott usually has a couple of weeks worth of splendid strips after hanging with the PA guys.

    Also, todays strip is quite good. Nice art, funny characters, good punchline, and nice use of internet meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. According to Scott's twitter it's flu of the non-swine variety.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLbat seems able to consistently throw us great, cleverly-imagined "villains" with idealistic notions that enforce how much I can't stand the titular protagonist. But, in the end, they really ARE still villains. It's a confusing relationship for me, but a good one (Except for when there aren't villains around...), and I appreciate it.

    Actual meat for said sinking of teeth would be a nice change from last week. And an absolutely phenomenal change from the week before last.

    ReplyDelete

It's unlikely I'll delete anything but spam (Spam spam spammity spaaam), but a little civility never hurt anyone. In fact, it will make you appear a good deal smarter than you already are -- try it out today!